- 호주 영주권
- Rosie Banks
- english writing
- Subclass 189
- Skilled Independent Migration
- Secret Kingdom
- Yerang Monica Hwang
- Monica Hwang
- Book Review
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- ielts writing
- General training module
- 호주 이민
IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 2: Self-assessment 본문
IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 2: Self-assessment꾸로 (gguro) 2016. 5. 17. 12:18
IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 2
: Self-assessment according to the officially provided band descriptors
All right. One more IELTS posting.
I already wrote twice about my IELTS writing practice as follows:
This post is about my practice for Task 2 in General training module of IELTS. Again, the book I used for this practice is "Focusing on IELTS: General Training Practice Test (with answer key), 2nd edition," by Michael Clutterbuck and Philip Gould published by Macmillan.
Here is my writing.
(First written by hand and then typed)
Self-assessment (with the version before correction)
0. Number of words: 284
A. Task response - Band 7
- addresses all parts of the task
- presents a clear position throughout the response
- presents, extends and supports main ideas, but there may be a tendency to over-generalise and/or supporting ideas may lack focus
B. Coherence and cohesion - Band 8
- sequences information and ideas logically
- manages all aspects of cohesion well
- uses paragraphing sufficiently and appropriately
C. Lexical resources - Band 7
- uses a sufficient range of vocabulary to allow some flexibility and precision
- uses less common lexical items with some awareness of style and collocation
- may produce occasional errors in word choice, spelling and/or word formation
D. Grammatical range and accuracy - Band 8
- uses a wide range of structures
- the majority of sentences are error-free
- makes only very occasional errors or inappropriacies
Overall for writing task 1: Band 7.5
Then, let's look at the sample response provided by the practice book.
Sample response (from the book)
Taxation is used to redistribute income between individuals and from individuals towards collective purposes, so it is unavoidable that there will be winners and losers.
High-income individuals who pay very high taxes may view such taxes as theft. If some of that money is given to individuals with low incomes as welfare payments, these poorer individuals would benefit.
Tax has been called the price of civilisation. People with high incomes can enjoy living in a safer society with a lower crime rate if the money taken from them in tax is used well and there is not a big gap between the rich and the poor.
The argument is often made that if taxes are too high, this will act as a brake on motivation and innovation, as wealthier people will not want to see the fruits of their labour taken by the state, and may be tempted to take their assets and ideas to another country where tax rates are lower. If this happened, the country with high tax rates would suffer.
The main beneficiary of a policy of very high taxes is the country as a whole, in other words, society. That money can be used to raise standards of health and education, as welfare payments for those in need, and to upgrade infrastructure. However, there are no guarantees. If taxes are spent wastefully or the money goes into the pockets of corrupt officials, then only those officials and their cronies reap the benefit, and at everyone else's cost.
Thus the effect of tax policy is not always what one might expect, and the overall impact on individuals and society depends on a range of other factors apart from the rate of tax.
It looks like my essay is written better than the sample response. haha :)
If you want to know more about how writing module is assessed, the check this official IELTS website to see the assessment criteria. There are band descriptors provided in pdf file format. I used these band descriptors to self-assess my writing.
17 May 2016
|IELTS writing: Model answer (General Training, Task 2) (0)||2016.07.12|
|IELTS writing practice: General training module (0)||2016.07.12|
|영어시험 아이엘츠 나라별 통계 (IELTS statistics) (0)||2016.05.24|
|IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 2: Self-assessment (0)||2016.05.17|
|IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 1: Self-assessment (0)||2016.05.16|
|IELTS writing 연습. General Training (0)||2016.03.29|
- english writing, General training module, IELTS, IELTS band 7, IELTS band 8, IELTS band descriptors, ielts writing, IELTS Writing Task 2, self-assessment