- Subclass 189
- 호주 이민
- english writing
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Secret Kingdom
- Skilled Independent Migration
- 호주 영주권
- Yerang Monica Hwang
- Book Review
- ielts writing
- Monica Hwang
- General training module
- Rosie Banks
IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 1: Self-assessment 본문
IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 1: Self-assessment꾸로 (gguro) 2016.05.16 11:30
IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 1
: Self-assessment according to the officially provided band descriptors
Last time I once wrote about IELTS writing practice (see the blog post). I am continuing the writing practice, so I post one more time. This post is my practice for Task 1 in General training module of IELTS. The book I used for this practice is "Focusing on IELTS: General Training Practice Test (with answer key), 2nd edition," by Michael Clutterbuck and Philip Gould published by Macmillan.
Here is my writing.
(First written by hand and then typed)
Self-assessment (with the version before correction)
0. Number of words: 225
A. Task achievement - Band 6
- addresses the requirement of the task
- presents a purpose that is generally clear; there may be inconsistencies in tone
- presents and adequately highlights key features/ bullet points but details may be irrelevant, inappropriate or inaccurate
B. Coherence and cohesion - Band 7
- logically organises information and ideas; there is clear progression throughout
- uses a range of cohesive devices appropriately although there may be some under-/over-use
C. Lexical resources - Band 8
- uses a wide range of vocabulary fluently and flexibly to convey precise meanings
- skilfully uses uncommon lexical items but there may be occasional inaccuracies in word choice and collocation
- produces rare errors in spelling and/or word formation
D. Grammatical range and accuracy - Band 6
- uses a mix of simple and complex sentence forms
- makes some errors in grammar and punctuation but they rarely reduce communication
Overall for writing task 1: Band 6.75
Then, let's look at the sample response provided by the practice book.
Sample response (from the book)
I thought I'd drop you a line to let you know what I've been up to since I left the clinic.
You remember I said I needed to have a change? Well, I got a job working part-time in a cafe not far from my place. I make coffee, take customers' orders, serve food and drinks, make sandwiches and do some cleaning up.
It's hectic at times in the cafe, but nowhere near as stressful as nursing work. I miss being able to help sick people and I'd prefer a nurse's wage, but I don't miss the unpaid overtime and masses of paperwork. Working part-time means that now I'm doing a lot of the things I enjoy that I didn't have the time or energy for before, so I really don't regret switching jobs. And anyway, if I really feel the urge I can go back to nursing one day.
And what about you? I'd love to have a long chat with you and the others. Perhaps we could have a meal one night after work. Hope to see you soon.
If you want to know more about how writing module is assessed, the check this official IELTS website to see the assessment criteria. There are band descriptors provided in pdf file format. I used these band descriptors to self-assess my writing.
16 May 2016
|IELTS writing: Model answer (General Training, Task 2) (0)||2016.07.12|
|IELTS writing practice: General training module (0)||2016.07.12|
|영어시험 아이엘츠 나라별 통계 (IELTS statistics) (0)||2016.05.24|
|IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 2: Self-assessment (0)||2016.05.17|
|IELTS Writing practice. General training module. Task 1: Self-assessment (0)||2016.05.16|
|IELTS writing 연습. General Training (0)||2016.03.29|
- english writing, General training module, IELTS, IELTS band 7, IELTS band 8, IELTS band descriptors, ielts writing, self-assessment